You may want to spend 45 minutes of your Sunday downtime to prepare this nutrient dense and vegan skillet bread. Expect this to be your go to snack next week!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 portions of chocolate protein
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin oil
- 2 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon skillet oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a one-litre measuring cup, mix the hot water, yeast, oil and maple syrup. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix with a fork the flour, protein, salt and water mixture.
- Empty the bowl contents onto your kitchen working surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Return the dough into the bowl, cover with a clean dishcloth and let rise outside the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the maple syrup with the pumpkin butter and nutmeg and set aside.
- Place all the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and melt in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, lay it onto a floured working surface.
- Roll the dough until it is about 1/2 cm thick.
- Dress the dough evenly with the maple syrup and pumpkin butter mixture. Sprinkle half the pumpkin seeds and half the melted chocolate.
- Roll up the dough and cut it in half lengthwise so it is split open.
- Twist each piece a few times and lay them on the bottom of a cast iron skillet entirely pre-oiled.
- Add a few pumpkin seeds and drizzle with the melted chocolate for an appealing presentation.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes before unmoulding.
20 minutes of preparation - 40 minutes of cooking.