High protein skillet bread
You may want to spend 45 minutes of your Sunday downtime to prepare this nutrient dense and vegan skillet bread. Expect this to be your go to snack next week!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 portions of chocolate protein
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin oil
- 2 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon skillet oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a one-litre measuring cup, mix the hot water, yeast, oil and maple syrup. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix with a fork the flour, protein, salt and water mixture.
- Empty the bowl contents onto your kitchen working surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Return the dough into the bowl, cover with a clean dishcloth and let rise outside the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the maple syrup with the pumpkin butter and nutmeg and set aside.
- Place all the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and melt in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, lay it onto a floured working surface.
- Roll the dough until it is about 1/2 cm thick.
- Dress the dough evenly with the maple syrup and pumpkin butter mixture. Sprinkle half the pumpkin seeds and half the melted chocolate.
- Roll up the dough and cut it in half lengthwise so it is split open.
- Twist each piece a few times and lay them on the bottom of a cast iron skillet entirely pre-oiled.
- Add a few pumpkin seeds and drizzle with the melted chocolate for an appealing presentation.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes before unmoulding.
20 minutes of preparation - 40 minutes of cooking.